The latest The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel 4 update on PC fixes some bugs and increases the game’s overall performance and stability.
Almost three years after its launch on PS4 in Japan, the last part of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel series eventually launched on PC and Nintendo Switch recently. The role-playing tetralogy of Cold Steel has deep storytelling bonded with the lore of The Legend of Heroes.
If you are attempting to play it on PC, you can purchase the game now from Steam. Hopefully, the developers also dropped the update 1.1 lately for the PC version, which reduces the CPU usage and makes it a more low-spec-friendly title. You can check out the other changes of the patch down below:
The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel 4 Update 1.1 - Patch Notes
- Reduce the CPU usage of several threads, particularly in audio playback. These changes can greatly reduce overall CPU usage in some situations.
- Introduce additional caching to decrease load times, especially when revisiting previous maps and after battles. This will be particularly effective for longer play sessions.
- Fix save game thumbnails sporadically not showing up under specific circumstances.
- Adjust overall loading behavior to be closer to Trails of Cold Steel 3, in order to mitigate issues on some systems.
- Prevent the game from taking abnormally long to close on some systems.
- Make left joystick and WASD (or alternative mapping) behavior consistent across all menus.
- Fix button re-mapping involving X and O buttons along with displayed button prompts.
- Fix some remaining minor translation issues in-game and launcher
- New Feature: Add configuration tool option to disable dynamic button prompt switching (primarily for Steam Controller users)
Aside from the CPU usage, probably the developer’s effort to lower the loading time in the game is the other honorable change included in this update.
The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel 4 is the last entry of franchise, and probably an end to the Cold Steel series.